To work as part of a team which takes delivered servers from racks, uncrates and installs them in data halls. This position would be well suited to someone with a Warehousing background.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place the servers safely and securely in the correct location as per floor plans.
- Cable the servers in line with agreed protocols and instructions.
- Ensure cabling is completed to the required standards and within the stated timescale.
- Conduct all tests to ensure servers are correctly installed and go live.
- Follow instructions from client representatives and ATC management.
- Report any issues with the servers to client representatives as soon as observed.
- Comply with all client operational and security directives.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in line with your experience and competencies.
The candidate will be the point of call for the company. You will be required to handle all communication and work priority in your area. Good command of English essential.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to be flexible in respect of work standards and demands.
- Capable of working under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to complete tasks.
- Resilient and able to deal with changing priorities.
- Proven experience in cabling and electrical work.
- Ability to read electrical drawings and floor plans.
CONTRACT & SALARY
- Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- 12-month contract positions – options for renewal or full-time depending on performance and availability.