The position of Transport Planner – International is a new position which will service new clients and expanding routes for ATC. The Transport Planner will work as part of a team which plans, books, monitors and reports on transport routes across Europe, The UK, and Ireland; the role will also involve designated accounts with primary responsibility.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform administrative tasks efficiently and to a high standard, in accordance with standard operating procedures. The successful candidate will ensure all queries and requests are dealt with promptly and professionally. S/he will be responsible for the preparation of documentation, maintaining files and completing financial transactions.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan shipments and routes to ensure effective use of resources while meeting our SLA with clients.
- Ensure compliance with EU working time directive and relevant road safety regulations
- Ensure active monitoring of all shipments in-transit, providing updates to colleagues and customers.
- Liaise with sub-contractors, overseas offices, and staff to ensure schedules and SLAs are met.
- Liaise with clients ATC operations, and field teams to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Work closely with clients’ supply chain functions to ensure schedules are met and accurately reported.
- Respond to changing customer demands seamlessly.
- Be responsible for communicating with customers and understanding customer requirements.
- Ensure proofs of delivery / activity are actively managed.
- Plan vehicles and trailer maintenance schedule.
- Planning work-loads & reloading for drivers and vehicles ensuring minimal empty running of vehicles.
- Working as part of a planning team with cross-training for colleagues.
- Liaising with accounts team to ensure accurate billing.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time-to-time in line with your skills and competencies.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
Ability to be flexible in respect of work standards and demands. Capable of working under pressure and to strict deadlines. Proven ability to complete tasks. Resilient and able to deal with changing priorities.
The successful candidate will be required to possess and demonstrate:
- Substantial experience transport planning for 3+ years.
- Experience in the logistics industry, including white glove services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including Office 365 and Microsoft Office.
- Full understanding of EU Working Time Directive, Digital Tachograph regulations, and other relevant regulations.
The following qualifications, skills, and experience would be an advantage.
- A working knowledge of a European language.
- Experience of MS SharePoint in a corporate environment.
- Fork truck licence.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following personal competencies:
- Customer Service
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
Full training, including additional courses, will be provided.